Sunday 10 March 2013

The Linoleum Room by Katie Robinson.

I like this book, I did find it a little disorientating at times but I think that was the intention and I rolled with it. another reason I have a fondness for the book is because although the setting was never given a name I live in the same area and I knew the locations described - it felt like a little secret I shared with the author. Of course this won't apply to most readers but it made it special for me.

I was quite proud of myself reading through to the end (which was well worth the journey) as at times I found it disquieting and thought the story was going very wonky. If you want a story with a little bite and more than a little weirdness this is a winner - definitely not your average and I really like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment