Friday 22 February 2013

What The Blog?

This is my first post on my blog, not too sure why I decided to create a page dedicated to my thoughts and musings on various topics - another haphazard decision to go along with the others I have made over the last few decades.

Of course I couldn't just 'start blogging' as I was invited to when I created this page but I had to do research (ie procrastinating) as I knew nothing about blogging or the parallel universe that is the blogosphere. I looked around some blogs, read some books and gained a little knowledge which we all know is indeed a dangerous thing.

One of the things I learnt is that you should focus on limited subject choices so people know what to expect when they read your blog and hopefully if they have similar interests and opinions they will come back to hear what you have to say. Simple to follow unless you have a scattered brain like mine which finds it impossible to keep on track - I have been aptly described (in the kindest possible way) as a 'meanderthal'.

So I will be breaking the first piece of advice I received about blogging and see what happens. I will air my haphazard views about life in general and see if I discover serendipity while releasing my musings out into the digital community. This is bound to lead to that (paraphrased) age old question - if a person blogs and no one reads it are they actually blogging at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment